Saturday, June 7, 2014

RVing Josie's idea?

One day after I picked up the kids from daycare my daughter saw a camper and said to me Daddy we need one of those and go camping. My wife and I have looked at them not seriously but looked at them non the less. So the next week one mentioned to Jenn what my daughter had said. Then we started looking at floor plans, types and what we wanted in the motorhome. We were at a local Rv lot and were looking at used ones and we saw a new 2014 Winnebago with BUNKS! At this point bunks were a must. We looked and looked for used ones to no luck for at least a week or so and then online there it was. The soon to be six wheel cabin a 2008 Winnebago Access 31J low miles & BUNKS!
So we headed over to that lot and it was gone, rented to a family for their vacation they tried to get my wife to see another one and she said no we want to see the 31J, and said we'll be back. A week later it all started, we went and saw it with the kids and we all liked it. Then came the adult part of the adventure negotiation and planning which is never the greatest part but it's a must. We got the payments where we we were comfortable and a week later we picked it up. We only got to take it out four times in 2013 and we didn't go far just because it was so new to is and we wanted to learn se of the ins and outs of the motorhome. The first black water tank (poop holding tank) was the most careful I think I've ever been. It's a scary process the first time but after the turd one it's a lot easier. Then unfortunately it was time to put it away for the winter. We had birthdays and school to get ready for. I winterized it the best in could had a buddy come over and check it out then we brought it to our families for storage for the winter. What a winter it was....

No comments:

Post a Comment