Monday, June 9, 2014

Geocaching

So last year in the fall I found a neat hobby that we could do on our walks it's called geocaching. What is a geocach you ask. It's can vary in size from micro to a ammo size box with trinkets.
 They will always have a log in them so they know you found it and you go to geocaching.com and log it in. You can use your phone or a GPS to find these treasures. I use my iPhone so I can log it in right away. You can get a beignet account for nothing with just a few caches or 30.00 for a full year membership with all the caches and the app for my phone cost 10 so 40 dollars in total but I find it worth it. 
This weekend it was beautiful weather 40-50's so we had to get out and walk and find some caches. These were mostly just log ones where you write down your handle & date which can be tricky to find.
 
One was a drilled out log with the cach it. With the snow finally melting we plan to find some large caches which I think will be more fun for the kids. It's really a great thing to keep your walks more interesting & gets you to see some places you may never get to. Caches are everywhere we actually had one at the end of the block so their close. Want something fun to do try 
Update: as of this spring we are at 12 caches and we've had a blast doing it. This spring we hit it hard while the bugs and Mosquitos weren't out and it's taken me the adult it the sides of hills. It's very very fun, I love to see the faces of my kids when they find one.  Geocaching  http://www.geocaching.com/
Wonder if there's on other outside treasure hunting game out there.....

No comments:

Post a Comment