Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Graduation Stay on The Zumbro River

We had two graduations this year my neice and my nephew down in Zumbrota Minnesota. We decided to try out Shades of Sherwood outside of Zumbrota on the Zumbro River
We had heavy traffic on the way down which was ok the kids decided to take a nap and Jenn and I got talk on the way down. Just off of Hwy 52 down a wooded dirt road as you approach the park to the to the right is a big swimming pool with bouncy stuff in it which I heard is deep so you you can jump in it. As we pulled into the main enterance of the park there's the office and we noticed a second heated pool, a bounce house, mini golf, a bounce bubble thing and a ton of kids on peddle cars. The road in paved for most of the way and then turns to dirt, found our site which was all grass with a fire ring. We backed into the site so the campfire was just outside the door.To Jenns credit she guided me in straight & level.
 We quickly ran off to our nephews graduation. When we left the graduation we headed back and started a campfire and relaxed. We all slept in on Sat, when we finally got up we noticed nobody parked next to is so we kinda had a big yard to play which was really pleasent. In front of our site was a berm that lead to more sites on the river. My son and I walked down the the river and took a look at it. 

The River video
At the end it was calm but as you walked up it ran faster and I noticed some site backed right up to it. I almost fell asleep standing there listening to it. We headed back and had lunch with the girls then we went to the park.
 I would've liked to have a place to sit. Still the kids had fun. My sister in law and our niece were coming over so we set up the outside kitchen (my kitchen ha)

 we were having Bacon Wrapped Chicken from the dutch oven. My favorite way to cook next to the grill. We ate the. It was time for s'mores!!! 
Then it was time to back up we heard bad weather was coming and knew that we weren't going to be lucky at night or Sunday morning. Man were we right, at 12:30 am the lightning & thunder was crazy the rain was coming down hard. I'll i could think about was that river until the lightning seemed to be real close. Not having bought a surge protector yet I decide to run out and unplug from the park. No air conditioning was fine with me as long as nothing shorted out....or fried. We were fortunate just as we were cleaning up the tanks hit full both black & grey. With the four of us we get two days on the tanks. Which we found pretty good. We still want to see how much clean water we use in two days just to experiment and see. We'll try it when we are at a full hook up place. All in all the weather held out till Sunday and stopped raining when we were headed back. I'm looking forward to the next adventure.. Two Rivers in Royalton MN.

No comments:

Post a Comment