Thursday, July 3, 2014

App Attack

It seems that everyone owns a smart phone and along with a smart phone comes a bunch of apps and RVing has plenty of apps that you can use either for outdoor activities birdwatching,nature trails even check lists for your RV and these are just a few of the ones that I use on on a pretty frequent basis RVing. 

My first app is the Good Sam app.
Let's you know the parks around you and gives you insite on the parks amenities.
Same with the RVparking.com app
We like checking the reviews on parks that we would like to stay at.
Any weather app is good to have. I like the Weather Channel because it gives you alerts to weather and pollen. I like the radar to gives you a past view & future view, I've actually use that more than anything on my phone checking it to see where the weather is headed and if we have to close it all in. 
This is a great app it will tell you the amount of briquettes to add to the top and bottom for the temperature you need and for the oven size and why type of cooking are you doing. It the dial type so you select the size of oven, the temp you need and the type of baking you are doing. It's great for the novice. 
I gotta walk off all that good dutch oven food don't I? I use Map My Walk to see how far and how fast I'm going. It also will track you which helps cause I can get lost in a parking lot. 
The RV Companion has come in handy especially as a first time rv'er. It has 
checklists, maintence logs, rv specifics,
Lists for the store and more. I really like this app. 
These are our outside apps. Instead of all those Audoboun books to carry in my backpack it's on my phone.  Great to use with the kids. ibird has the sounds of the birds which is helpful. That's some of the apps we use of course we also use Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. 
The two apps I'm in the process of trying. Track My Tour & Pin Drop. Stay tuned for these reviews. 
Remember to try to put your phone down and take in the surroundings. The smartphone is great for video and photos and instantly sharing. Just stop, set the phone down stare at the campfire, look at the creek or clouds and enjoy even if for ten minutes  then share away. Just my advice. 
Safe Travels
C











No comments:

Post a Comment