Sunday, July 6, 2014

One heck of a good Fourth of July

We didn't do any rving this weekend an actually we will make it a point not to go anywhere else but to my wife's family cabin. I love July fourth at the cabin I get to BS with my nieces and nephews and it's really a pleasure to see them grow up to be great young adults. Then to see how well they hang out with my kids who are what younger it's just great. I always go for my Fourth if July walk this weekend I decided to jump into a little geocaching. This was located in the Yager County Park.
I found the geocach in a shambles. I put it back together and went on my way, I did let the the person know about the condition of the cach. After my walk we had walking tacos, where you take a bag of Dorritios and throw in taco fixings. Good stuff. Then Jennifer and I made Monkey Bread we made it in the 12 inch this time since we had so many people. It turned out great. As Jennifer was bringing the bread out to the picnic table she had a herd behind her it was hilarious. When she stat the pan down it was like a pack of wolves around fresh meat. When she brought it into the cabin it was almost gone only the bottom was left. Then my one niece made a Oreo brownie that was amazing!! I was all sugared up for the night. The wind was just not letting up all weekend but that didn't slow down the fun my kids jumped in the lake and went swimming. It was a great Friday. We did our Minnesota nice fireworks and then we shit down for the night.
 Then Saturday I got up and wanted to go find the other cache that was at the park. My son and his uncle Derrick went with. We went through the tall grass and woods to find this one. Derrick found it this was his first cache find. It was cool to go out and hunt this one down.
Deep in this woods is a cache.
 After that we headed back to relax a bit I passed out on someone's chair and when I woke up it was time to head to my parents for a BBQ. Great steaks and chicken and a float. We took separate cars because I was planning to go home and do some stuff. I'm really glad I didn't I stopped by the old site where my childhood home/ parents grocery store was. Kind of a weird feeling to stand where your house use to sit.

MY TRUCK IS WHERE OUR LIVING ROOM USE TO BE. The store would have been right in front of where I stood. 
Then I headed back to the cabin my son fell asleep on they way to the cabin and stayed sleeping till Sunday, he runs 100 mph and he was out. I hung out with the younger crowd and had some great laughs. Then it was about midnight before I left.
MIDNIGHT MOON
 Watched a thunderstorm on its way in which is always awesome to see.The kids and Jennifer stayed at the cabin on Sunday the kids road the jet skies with their cousins. I stayed back and took it easy and got caught up on sleep. Well now back to work on Monday. It was a fantastic weekend always great to see everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment