Friday, August 1, 2014

Sugar Rush in Minnesota

A friend of mine told me about this store in southern Minnesota that had every type of candy made or at least close to it. I mentioned it to Jennifer and we decided to reroute ourselves on our trip to Beaver Trails campground. On our trip down HWY 169 it took me back to our trips out west for fast draw contests not relizing we've past the heaven of sugar goodness multiple times. We arrived at the  huge yellow building with plenty of parking no matter what size of vehicle or rv, you can park here. We noticed the pie light was on which means fresh pies are in the oven. (I like my apple pies) We walked in and right away I saw the soda wall of all kinds of soda in glass bottles. (My favorite) 
THIS IS SHOT FROM THE ENTERANCE
They have many varieties of cotton candy, licorice,chips,candy bars,soda, bubble gum and bubble gum machines and candy cigarettes.... WHAAAT!!  Yes candy cigarettes. 
Candy Cigarette Table
This table took me back to my parents store. Just so cool and no I don't smoke and I use to have these all the time pretending I was cool or a gunfighter or my dad for that matter. I bought one box for my western room. 

Now they have a honey wall, a peanut butter wall, a jams wall and a maple syrup wall!!  Many kinds of to choose from it was awesome. 
HoneyWall 
Maple Syrup Wall
They have a Bacon wall with everything toothpaste to tooth picks. It was actually really interesting. 
Bacon Wall
Cotton Candy Wall
Licorice Table
British Candy
This is a small sampling of what they have at this store. When you visit don't forget to get the homade stuff, pies fudge and more. This will be a stop from now on our way to a site. Well worth the rerouteing of the trip. We actually got out cheap. I got a few bottles of soda with western themes on them and a weird soda flavor Bacon!! We'll see how that goes. We got fudge some candy for the kids and chocolate covered chips. Man are they tastey!! 
Of course we couldn't help getting a carmel apple pie & a carmel apple. If you're ever on HWY 169 in Minnesota near Jordon MN be sure to stop at Minnesotas Largest Candy Store. 
Since there's no website I found a Facebook page. 
Thanks again and Safe Travels everyone.
Made me laugh
A Candy Neckless
Syrup. Should've bought some
The Loot













No comments:

Post a Comment