Saturday, August 16, 2014

Kieslers Campground and Rv park


One thing I've notice driving this rv is there is more road construction on every major hwy across Minnesota than there are lakes. 
We head to Weseka Mn to Keislers on clear lake. We were a little rerouted due to some construction and made our way to the campground. We pulled in and noticed it was busy there and there was a line of RV's and trailers waiting to get in. Jennifer went to go check in and when she got back we followed the guy on a golf cart to our site. He guided me in as I backed in and done, again lucked out being level. (Great feeling to just back in and SET) We were on a wide site plenty of room from the next site next to you.
The site in the rear of ours seemed close but the firepit was a good distance away. Lots of mature trees again at this park,it looks like they take good care to get the trees trimmed for the RV's and trailers. We went to the arcade for a little fun then hit the two parks they have close by the pool & shuffle board. 
Jenn heard from a lady that at least 100 campers were coming in on this Friday WOW!
We walked across the street to take a look at the lake, it's a good size lake for jet skies and fishing. We walked to the big dock to get a different view of the rv park really nice area and had socks to park your boat.
Then I turned on the geocaching app and saw a few close by. We found one that had coordinates on it, but we skipped it to find a little easier one We were getting hungry and need to head back. After dinner  we started a campfire and relaxed. We tried something new we used a roasted marshmallow and two fudge striped cookies and made a different s'more. We loved these, they were amazing, fantastic and delicious! Ok they were great. 
We woke up the next day to beautiful weather we made a favorite for breakfast which Jennifer made some changes on egg bake in the Dutch Oven. 
We use extra heat and used no hash browns this time man it made a huge difference. It didn't seem to take as long time. We even had some left overs for Sundays breakfast. 

We decided to take a walk to the rc track and this was a really cared for track. I didn't get a chance to go and try it out this time but if we ever get back I will be on that for hours!
After the walk we headed to the pool, which was I would say medium and it was busy which made it feel small. They have two water slides one big one and one for little kids. (Just a quick not if you have kids or your in the pool yourself please get away from the end of slide people can get hurt.)  There's a also a dolphin that shoots water on you. There is a shallow pool for the little ones to splash in. We were there about an hour and decided it go back and relax and have lunch. After we had lunch I took a nap and Jennifer and the kids hit a coloring activity. When they came back I woke up it was time to trick or treat it was trick or treat weekend at the park. They went out and trick or treated and I handed out candy. It was pretty neat I saw a Crest Toothpaste bottle thought that was creative. When they were done we had dinner. We grilled some small steaks and relaxed.
 The kids hit the park one more time. The dance was going on in the main building so we had music again while the campfire was a blazing. 
On Sunday this was the last day and we got to stay a little longer it was a 2:00
check out. We headed to the pool and after about 45 min we decided to clean the rv and get ready to go. We still had about two hours befor check out so the kids and I headed to one of the parks. Jenn stayed back to finish cleaning. While I was taking my seat I said howdy to a fellow with his son..he didn't say anything back, I was wondering what's up with this guy. Then he walks over to me, I'm looking but not looking. He says hello Mr. Felten and to my surprise it was an old buddy from work who I haven't seen in about 3-4 years. It was great they just bought a trailer and it was their first time to. He came over and saw our rig and I went over and saw theirs. We decided next year we'll get together for a weekend which will be fun. Two hours away and I meet my old buddy so awesome. I had to leave cause it was 1:00 and we had to dump and roll. This is a good park, pool with slides, two playgrounds, shuffle board, mini golf and a rc track if that not enough a lake you can dock at and a walking trail that goes all around the lake. If you want a fun filled weekend check out Kieslers
Safe Travels everyone.





No comments:

Post a Comment